Wednesday, June 8, 2016

COFFEE and UBER-MOTO

“COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE.” From my British roommate in her accent. AHH the coffee is so good out here I drink it black!! I think the highlight of my day today was sitting in the park of District 1 (The commercial district). A new friend of mine told me about this park where westerners become famous. The Vietnamese are so eager to learn english—it’s great. They pray for foreigners in this park to come speak to and practice their english. A Vietnamese girl asked me to read seven recipes that she needed to practice for her English class. The language is so complex in their english courses,  I couldn’t believe it. She had me record the language into her phone two times so that she could take it home, practice and share with others. I loved being able to leave her with her (the little things).

Oh my other favorite part of this town!! UBER MOTO!! For one dollar you can get to the other side of the town on the back of a motor bike. I have been living on these things recently!! It kind of feels like being in the Lizzy McGuire Paris movie only with an uber driver!!!

So, I didn’t realize how rough I was living it until I visited the different districts today. Somehow, I ended up in a town directly filled with natives, non-english speakers and where I am  the only non- Vietnamese human. I have been eating off the streets for two dollars a day. I have been getting by using gestures and the little bit of Vietnamese language that I have picked up on. Can you guess my first words???? Okay, Iced Coffee  (ca phe da). I think its fabulous getting to live directly with the natives. I would like to move over to some other districts to test out all of the waters, eventually. District 1 reminds me a little bit of home. Skyscrapers, shopping districts and swanky bars, clubs, and hotels.

As some have been asking my camp experience at VAS has been amazing too. It’s too much to rant about now but everything is going very very well on that end too!!!





Namaste and goodnight!!!

6 comments:

  1. Very hard to leave a comment , 4th time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, got it, did you travel on moped alone, why can't you use your camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol on iced coffee. When did you pick up your writing style? Great voice. The last thing I read of yours was "The string broke and she died"! I hope I can adjust like you have when we go to Israel. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dad!! This means so much!! Writting has really became a therapy for me. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete